Coaching Program Details and Pricing…
Yup, I coach people.
Drop me a line…
The Elite Cyclocross Program:
A comprehensive coaching package designed for the ambitious Cyclocross Athlete.
Initial Skills and fitness assessment:
– In a pre-season group session/workout we will evaluate your skill and fitness strengths and
Using a comprehensive list of Cross-specific necessities, we grade
your limiting factors, and your areas of highest potential. From this,
we design a program to “train your weaknesses, and race your
Season Long calendar:
– With your skill/strength assessment in hand, we design a season long calendar that plays to your strengths. We can identify the courses and races that you are most likely to succeed at, and train your limiting factors to increase your likelihood of success at the races that don’t fit your profile. Periodization, and peaking for Nat’s, States, or any other major goals are all part of the program – AND – we can make it all fit with your work and family life.
– Most Cyclocross specialists will wish to continue their training through the road/MTB season. The Cyclocross program includes the design and maintenance of a training regimen through the Road/MTB season, with a strong emphasis on building strength and skill for the winter season. Years of experience balancing the demands of a full year of racing guarantee that you will reach the ‘Cross season ready to race, rather than ready to quit.
Weekly Training Plan:
– You will receive an updated training plan every week through theTrainingPeaks.com site. This On-line utility allows for efficient 2-way communication of plans and workout data, and allows us to track Heart Rate and Power Data on a micro and macro level.
At the Elite program level, the workouts are continuously updated throughout the week as necessary, to accommodate changing levels of fitness, race scheduling, and the inherently unpredictable nature of everyday life.
– The Elite program level also provides for (nearly!) unlimited telephone consultation. Some clients at this level of coaching prefer to receive training plans and advice over the phone or via text message, and this option is available by special arrangement.
- All Elite clients are free to call with questions or concerns at any time, and weekly conversation is encouraged and expected.
Training Metric Assessment and evaluation:
– At the Elite training level, Clients are encouraged to train with a power meter. Although not required, this tool allows for a substantial increase in training efficiency and analysis, and most clients find them to be an invaluable part of their program.
– With over a decade of experience in Wattage-based/PM training, CrossSports offers the experience and knowledge necessary to turn your power numbers into increased performance, without making your training time feel like a statistics class.
– Heart-rate based training is also available, as is “perceived exertion” training for the die-hard anti-technologist. While not necessarily recommended, these approaches can – and do – reap significant benefits when well structured, planned, and analyzed. CrossSports can do this, and has guided riders to the top step of the National Championship podium using “PE” based training.
Course tips and tricks:
– When possible, Athletes in the program will receive a list of “tips” for upcoming races. Course and weather conditions, tire type and pressure recommendations “look out for the stump on corner 3…” Whatever inside Info I’ve got from my years of racing ‘cross – you
will get it.
– All athletes in the program will receive discounted fitting services, and fit related advice is complementary.
Tech Tips and Advice:
– As a bike designer and product tester for several major companies, I have ridden just about everything out there. I can help you with tire choice, brake pad selection, embrocation… all the little bits of gear lore that make a difference in the strange sport of cyclocross.
Cycling skills instruction:
– CrossSports offers 1 on 1 skills instruction, and small group lessons/clinics. Private
instruction for all current training clients will be available at ½ price.
– CrossSports is a coaching provider to the Kore Cross weekly workouts at Marymoor Park during the Cyclocross season, and a participant in other regularly scheduled group practice and training events throughout the year. Clients are encouraged to participate in these group rides and clinics, and receive special attention, advice, and consultation when they do.
– The price for The Elite Cyclocross Program is $225 per month, to include
all of the services listed above.
– The Skills assessment clinic price is included in the monthly
charges for athletes continuing from the previous season.
– New athletes will be charged an additional $100 for the first month,
to cover setup costs. This charge is reduced 50% for clients who pre-pay a minimum of 3 months.
– Discounted rates are available for pre-payment, Junior riders, Active duty military, and limited income/special circumstance clients. Please do not hesitate to enquire if you are interested, but of limited means.
– Private skills instruction is available to training clients for $75 per session, or 1/2 the normal fee of $150. These are “go ’till you drop” sessions. We go as long as it takes to cover what you want to learn…
Thank you for your time, and your interest, and PLEASE feel free to
contact me if you have any questions/comments/concerns, or anything to
say at all – really!
*This Pricing and description covers the Elite Cyclocross Program. Other options, including lower priced alternatives are available. Please email for further information!